Saturday, March 2, 2013

Preparation for Spain

I figured I would go ahead and start my first blog for my upcoming trip to Spain to study abroad.  Here I will include my research, to do lists, photographs, and entries for all things related to my trip.  I am hoping this will keep me organized for my trip as well as sharing with friends and family what I am doing in Spain.

I am studying in Madrid, Spain with an Affiliated Study Abroad program that has been doing academic abroad programs since 1950.  I will follow up with a review on the program after my trip.  My best friend, Lindsay, will be my roommate and we are hoping to take at least one class together (probably a Culture class).  She is majoring in International Relations so she has been taking far more languages than myself and her Spanish is at a more advanced level so we will most likely be in different Spanish classes.  She is planning on staying in Europe longer than I am but I'm glad to have her with me during the Summer!  I'm definitely anticipating this trip to be one of the greatest experiences of my life thus far. 

Up until now, I have applied to study abroad through my university in the states, renewed my passport, purchased a plane ticket (with much appreciated help from my and Lindsay's parents), and started this blog to start planning.  I am currently working on the Affiliate program's application as well as scheduling trips/activities do to while we are there.  I will be departing on Sunday May 19th and I am not sure when I will be flying back just yet--most likely early August.  The actual dates for the 2 classes I will be taking are from May 29th - June 29th I believe. 

[Note: This is also my first blog ever, so I am new to this whole blogging thing]

No comments:

Post a Comment